As students, we have all been tempted or offered pushed to try one or more products that others labeled as the best nootropics for studying. Late at night, really close to the final exams, trying to squeeze in six months of courses in a few hours can be challenging. There are also a lot of students dreaming to break the patterns and exceed the accomplishments of their predecessors.
You would think that a little help is always welcome, but, sometimes, the damages can exceed the achievements, depending on the so called “help”. Most students turn to Adderall and Ritalin, as they are the most popular in campuses everywhere, both being high power drugs.
Adderall, for example, is quite similar to Methamphetamine. Although it does offer a lot of improvements in brain activity, it is no nootropic supplement and it should be avoided, especially because it creates addiction and, in case of an overdose, it can have severe side-effects.
On the other side of the barricade, we find the healthier and much safer supplements called nootropics. They may not turn you from an average broke student into a NASA genius, but they can certainly help you to improve your grades.
Here are the seven best nootropics for studying known to be safe and to induce no negative side effects:
- Fish Oil, through its Omega-3 Fatty Acids, stimulates the part of the brain dedicated to learning;
- B-Vitamins sharpen the mind;
- Caffeine, as coffee, energy drinks and tea, helps you to stay awake and alert longer;
- Piracetam consists of a dozen of chemicals known to improve your cognitive functions without releasing toxins.
- CDPCholine stimulates Acetylcholine (the brain’s primary neurotransmitter, which, when present in low levels, causes slowness and tiredness), and increases the levels of choline in the brain.
- Pyritinol uses a doubled vitamin B6, creating energy, awareness and overall concentration.
- L-Theanine is a green tea derivative working as a psychoactive substance that raises dopamine and serotonin levels, thus causing an increase in learning potential and improving memory.
Of course, there are many variations of these best nootropics for studying available on the market, but, no matter what your goals are, no matter what means you use in order to achieve them, you must always be informed.
Make sure that, before taking any supplement, you do a lot of research, online, and, more importantly, among other users.
This is the only way to identify the best nootropics for studying and the best way to protect your health and well being on the long run.